Watching videos, getting better: 400,000 minutes of ChessBase training and entertainment!
If you are logged on with your ChessBase Premium account and if you have a moment: click on the video button on the right side of your screen! It's worth it: We have filled up the video portal massively, with fresh training videos for openings, middlegames and endgames! You don't know the video portal yet? No matter whatever your strength is, there are plenty of videos, something for everyone. In a short video we explain everything. There are more than 13,000 training videos to discover and learn from! So what are you waiting for? Time to maximize the benefits of having a ChessBase Premium account and make the most out of it. Don't forget to enjoy too
The ChessBase Video Portal
The following short video explains the video portal:
The three musketeers Daniel King, Dr. Karsten Mueller and GingerGM Simon Williams, are regularly posting videos in our ChessBase Shows. But those three Grandmasters aren't the only ones who offer videos!
• Daniel King has his famous "PowerPlay Show". He analyses recently played games and points out spectacular moves, tactics and ideas.
• Dr. Karsten Mueller is an endgame genius and has made over 150 videos so far. This means that you have more than 7500 minutes of massive endgame training in this section alone.
• Simon Williams, one of the most creative grandmasters, picks completely random chess themes for his "Simon Says" show. You can find videos about plenty of gambits, positional sacrifices, historical players and how to improve your attacking skills.
• Robert Ris from the Netherlands shows us his expertise in the "Fast and Furious" show. This show is all about sharp attacking games and double-edged gambits.
• Lawrence Trent takes a look at interesting games from the week before and summarizes highlights of current events.
• Merijn Van Delft presents into "The Game of the Week". He picks a recently played game and takes a deeper look at it.
• TV ChessBase India is the show in which the top Indian players can show their proficiency. Sagar Shah has some interesting interviews.
• "Ask the Experts", well, asks the experts. Fabiano Caruana, Magnus Carlsen and Hou Yifan, to name just a few, talk about chess, chess and chess in interviews and webcasts. Highly recommended!
• Openings - One of the search functions for your favourite opening is to replay the first couple of moves. The system is checking all the videos if the opening is used. Searching like this is very effective and a lot of fun.
• Middlegames - There are hundreds of different middlegames analysed by titled players and experts. Those games can be sorted by date, views, popularity and the authors.
• Endgames - Karsten Mueller understands and enjoys the endgame. All games can be divided by the different types of endings.
Championships - Every major tournament going back to 2014 is heavily covered with video live coverage and analysis by titled players and grandmasters.
Interviews - The final section has some interesting interviews from the Chess Olympiad in Troemso 2014 and the Chess Olympiad in Dresden from 2008.
I highly recommend this interview from 2008 between Frederic Friedel and the young Magnus Carlsen, that comes with a early version of an interactive chess board which allows you to replay and to analyse. A gem!
ChessBase video availability For standard and premium members:
About the Author
Arne Kaehler, a creative thinker who is passionate about board games in general was born in Hamburg and learned how to play chess at a very young age. Through teaching chess to youth teams and creating chess content on YouTube, Arne was able to extend this passion onto others and has even made an online chess course for anyone who wants to learn how to play this game. Currently, Arne blogs for the English news page of ChessBase and focuses on creating promotional and entertaining articles.