ChessBase 14 is here!
ChessBase has now come out with the new version of their premier product ChessBase 14. With new functions like Assisted analysis, Tactical analysis, and many more features this product is a must-have for tournament players. The Mega Database 2017 is also out and you can now pre-order the combo of ChessBase 14 + Mega Database 2017 at a discounted price. Check out the article which acquaints you with the features of these brand new products.
Good news for Indian chess fans! The latest version of ChessBase is out. ChessBase 14.
ChessBase 14 will be released on 14th of November 2016, but you can already pre-order it from the ChessBase India shop.
Click a piece and its target squares will light up in a color related to the strength of the move to that square. Green moves are strong, yellow moves are mediocre, red moves are mistakes, blue moves are book moves, and black moves are mating.
Assisted Analysis is a new approach to interactive chess analysis:
- You get information about all possible moves of a piece at one glance.
- No need to avert your eyes from the board and no need to process numbers and moves, you just look at the pieces.
- No hassle with creating and deleting trial-and-error variations in the game notation.
- Your chess cognition is constantly challenged, because you will ask yourself questions like “Why is this natural square for my knight marked red?”. Sometimes the answer can be deep and lead to insights which you would not have stumbled across with conventional engine output. Compare this to the mental passivity of simply entering engine lines.
Tactical Analysis is the most comprehensive full game analysis available today. It annotates games by e.g. looking at:
- Opening theory
- Strong Moves, Combinations, Sacrifices and Double Attacks
- Mistakes, Blunders and critical turning points
- Weak moves that were not played in the game (Why can’t I take this?), often leading to tactical refutations.
- Threats and attack motives
- Defensive Ideas
- Manoeuvres and piece placement
- Endgame classification
- Illogical game results
Games are annotated with variations, natural language text, chess annotation symbols and diagrams. For a loaded game call Tab Analysis -> Tactical Analysis. To annotate games in a database, select them in the games list with Ctrl- (or Shift-) Click, then right-click -> Tactical Analysis. To annotate a whole database, select all games with Ctrl-A, then right-click -> Tactical Analysis.
A note about thinking times. On a very fast modern computer you can get away with 0 or 1 seconds per move (0 seconds will be 500ms per move which is an eternity for a modern chess engine.). To be on the safe side, we recommend five seconds per move. For a single game you can of course go much higher, but in general fast searches will already yield interesting results.
Color Coded Variations in Notation
In more densely annotated games like opening analysis, the structure of variations can quickly become difficult to read. ChessBase 14 gives you instant orientation in in deep variations by marking the current variation and its siblings in equivalent colors. Also you immediately recognize all alternative moves in the same hierarchy level, because they have the same color.
Diagrams in Notation – Improved Display of Training Questions
A diagram is a powerful annotation device. It strongly emphasizes an interesting position in a game. Diagrams can now be embedded in the game notation. Click the diagram symbol in the annotation toolbar to toggle a diagram.
With diagrams, the training questions are now handled much smoother: A training question consists of a diagram and clickable links for solution and help embedded in the notation.
New convention for saving/replacing games
All previous ChessBase versions distinguished between saving games and replacing games. Saving in earlier versions meant to append a new version of the game at the end of a database list. Replacing changed the game itself without duplicating it. This is not equivalent to what people are used from other programs.
So from ChessBase 14 onwards, there is a radical change: “Saving” a game means replacing its existing version. However with “Save Game As”, you can append it to any database, with a shortcut to recently used databases.
In connection with this, the database format has been optimized for very fast saving (=Replacing) games in huge databases like the Mega.
Cloud Clip – Recent Games
There is a new cloud database, called “Cloud Clip”. It automatically stores games from ChessBase.com, fritz.chessbase.com and tactics.chessbase.com if you are logged in with your ChessBase account. This is especially useful for chessbase.com: The instant you click on a game while reading an article on Chessbase.com, it is available in ChessBase 14. Just Alt-Tab the programs to work with it. No more downloads necessary.
- Generalized log on to all CB Account functions
Look and speed of 3D Boards significantly improved with DirectX 11 functionality.
- Save a search mask
- Fill material search mask with current board
- Online Database automatically updated when replaying a game
- Push Notifications for Mega Database updates
- Export the diagram list as Word document to generate training material
- Automatic analysis jobs from correspondence games
- Annotated games in Online Database for premium users (database not available yet).
- Search for games with a minimum Elo difference between players (strong vs weak).
- Quickly access the history database of this months work
- Display Opening Names in Material Display below notation
- Notation Header responsive (three lines on hires screen, bigger photos).
- Hotkey Ctrl-F6, like Word: switch to the next CB-Window.
Mega Database 2017
With 6.8 million games and 70,000 annotated games by top players like Carlsen, Anand, Karjakin, Kramnik etc. Mega Database 2017 is a must- have for any ambitious chess player.
Mega Database 2017 will be released on 15th November.
ChessBase 14 + Mega Database 2017 Combo
The Mega Database 2017 along with ChessBase 14 helps you to work on many different functions. All you need to do is make Mega Database 2017 into your reference database. After that you can filter games based on your openings, search games on a specific structure, or endgame, our material imbalance and even different sorts of manoeuvres. ChessBase 14 + Mega Database is a deadly combo and is a must-have for any professional tournament player.
(ChessBase 14 is for Rs.2999/- and Mega Database is for Rs.4999/-. If you buy the combo pack, then you will save Rs.1,000)
Once you place the order and make the payment, you will receive your serial key along with setup files on 15th of November, as soon as the product is launched.