Organize your online events with the ChessBase India team on Playchess
Organizing an online event can be quite a difficult process. As an organizer, you need to have cheating controls in place, you need to collect the entry fee, you need pay the prize money. At the same time there are always issues related to the server or the player's internet connection that you have to take care off. For the uninitiated, this is quite a worrisome process. But for the capable team at ChessBase India, this is just another day at the office. We have a solid track record of organizing some of the biggest online events ever in the history of Indian chess. And now we would like to throw open the platform for ambitious organizers and academies. Learn how you can be a part of it.
In these times of Corona virus outbreak, the number of online tournaments taking place on different online servers has grown in a big way. We, at ChessBase India, have organized three events already - 1st and 2nd Saturday online blitz tournaments and March Masters online blitz. Each of these three events had over 20 GMs participating, with an average participation of around 200 players. The tournaments were a huge success. Here's some of the feedback that we have received from the players who took part:
"It was a fantastic tournament and brought me back several fond memories from the days I was considered young. As for a suggestion, I think it would be nice if the event would have an extra round and start 10-15 minutes earlier. It is just a suggestion!" - GM Elshan Moradiabadi
"I thank the ChessBase India team once more for their strenous and tireless endeavour to popularise blitz events in India. Considering the fact that the present day time control even in classical format (unlike the yesteryears) demands quick reflexes and blitz skills, I feel that the entire ChessBase India team is doing an exemplary and praiseworthy job. A boon for Indian chess! Though my performance this time was not satisfactory, I hope to excel and cherish more pleasant memories from my side in the forthcoming editions of ChessBase India blitz events". - GM R.R. Laxman
"It was an excellent one. Organizing this during Corona times was a huge benefit and in these times only chess can grow." - Harishankkar Subramaniyam
I enjoyed the tournament thoroughly, 3+0 without increment is so entertaining! Thank you ChessBase India! - R. Prajesh
Until now we have been organizing events that have been sponsored by ChessBase India. We now want to throw open our playing platform for people and organizations to setup their events under their banner working with our capable team.
Advantages of organizing tournaments with ChessBase India
1. The tournament will be organized on the Playchess platform. As the tournament will be played on a software, which has to be downloaded (it's free of cost), the stability is much higher than playing through the browsers on websites. Please note: players cannot take part through mobile phones.
2. The tournament will have a special page dedicated to it on our website (Here's an example: https://dbcaonline.chessbase.in/) and will be publicized on our website - www.chessbase.in as well as on our popular social media platforms including Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram. As there will be an article before the event, the number of entries received in the tournament would be higher than what you would usually have. And also an article after the tournament (with a link to download all the games) means that the tournament always remains a good memory and achievement for you and your organization.
3. The games are constantly being scanned while playing and also after the tournaments for cheating control. As we collect all the information of a person participating in the event, anyone caught cheating is instantly disqualified and cannot take part in ChessBase India online events ever again.
4. The biggest advantage to an organizer is that he doesn't have to worry about the collection of the entry fees, maintaining the player's list, organizing the event, finding a tournament director, and also the distribution of prize fund. All of this is done by the team at ChessBase India.
Rules regarding organization of online tournaments that have to be followed:
1. The prize fund has to be Rs.30,000 or higher. The prize money has to be deposited in the ChessBase India bank account (along with the flat fee of Rs.5000 mentioned below) before we begin with the promotion of the event.
2. The entry fee cannot be more than 1.5% of the total prize fund. So if your prize fund is Rs.50,000, you cannot have the entry fee more than Rs.750. Of course, it can be lower than 1.5% of the total prize fund. We recommend 1% for maximum participation.
3. Entries to GM, IM, WGM, WIM will be free.
4. The time control will be 3+0 and it will be 9 round event
5. Entry collection will be stopped 6 hours before the start of the event so that the tournament director can get things in order before the tournament begins
6. ChessBase India reserves the right to repay the entry fee of the participant who could not participate in the event due to technical issues.
7. The GST implications of the entry fee has to be taken care by the organizer and is not the responsibility of ChessBase India
Charges to be paid to ChessBase India
The total charges to be paid to ChessBase India are:
1. Flat fee of Rs.5,000 +
2. 15% of the total entry fee.
Please note: The flat fee of Rs.5000 has to be paid along with the prize fund that is deposited in the ChessBase India Bank Account before the promotion of the event begins. Within three days of completion of the tournament ChessBase India will deposit the total amount of entry fee, deducting 15% charges to the bank account of the organizer.
Intra academy tournaments:
If you are an academy owner and would like to organize an online event, we recognize that you do not do it with a profit motive, but rather as a practice to your already existing student base. Hence we would not like to charge you any fees for the same.
If an academy would like to organize a tournament on Playchess, these are the rules:
1. The entire organization of the event would be completely FREE and will be done by our team. Strict anti-cheating control measures will be followed.
2. Number of players taking part should be more than 25 and each of the student should be a ChessBase Account Premium member.
3. This tournament will be organized by our team and the only job to be done by the academy coach is to provide a list of all the names of the players taking part along with some basic details and their Playchess IDs
4. The prize money, if there is any will be distributed by the academy and ChessBase India will not be involved in this.
5. The time control cannot exceed 5+0 and the total number of rounds would be 9.
6. The first time organization for an academy is free. However, if an academy would like to organize an event again, the total cost for the same would be Rs.2,500.
Get ChessBase Account Premium Membership:
You can write to us at email@example.com or you can call:
Supriya Bhat - 9820276705
Shahid Ahmed - 9038139510